Aller Aqua Zambia Limited is the Zambian operation of the Danish multinational stock-feeds firm Aller Aqua A/S. Aller Aqua is Europe’s #3 freshwater aquafeed producer. Aller Aqua in Zambia operates Sub-Saharan Africa’s largest and most technologically advanced aquafeed factory. The factory commenced production in September 2017 and serves Yalelo Limited as its cornerstone client. Aller Aqua Zambia is now seeking a Procurement Officer to execute procurement of its inputs.
- Purchases goods or services for the business.
- Ensure business obtains high quality products at competitive prices on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with key company employees to determine product and service needs
- Develop plans for purchasing raw materials, equipment, services and other supplies
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices and terms for the business
- Identify and researches potential new suppliers
- Research new products and services to meet company's objectives
- Assess total costs of company purchases
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring and storing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Review and analyze all suppliers per agreed procedure
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Report to the Managing Director
- People Person and Good at Networking,
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills,
- Data Analysis,
- Superior Organizational Skills,
- Good Business Instincts,
- Good Negotiation skills,
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures,
- Strategic Planning Abilities,
- Specialized Industry Knowledge
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a Related Field
- At least three (3) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position preferably in the agricultural commodities sector
- Knowledge of Supply Management Software
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- General Office Programs
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: [Lusaka/Siavonga], Zambia
- Reports to: The CEO.
- Compensation: Competitive, based on experience. Merit-based bonus.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2018, using “Procurement Officer” as the Subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.