Sustainability is an integrated part of Aller Aqua. We know that modern fish farming has the highest requirements when it comes to reducing environmental impact. We reduce environmental impact by choosing only raw materials with sustainable origin. Further, feeds are formulated for highest efficiency and nutrient digestibility resulting in low nutrient discharge to the water.
- All raw materials are purchased from certified suppliers following international quality standards (e.g. ISO, HACCP or GMP+).
- All raw materials are non-GMO.
- Local raw materials are prioritized.
- All soy products are certified regarding to responsible farming (e.g. RTRS, ProTerra or ISCC).
- Wild captured fish used to produce fishmeal and fish oil come from healthy fish stocks and do not originate from endangered species. Certifications ensuring sustainability are e.g. MSC/ISEAL or IFFO-RS.
- By-products (trimmings) from fish processing plants, which are acknowledged as a sustainable source of marine raw materials, are used as a regular marine raw material.
- Undesirable substances are under strict surveillance.