Aller Aqua Zambia Limited is the Zambian operation of the Danish multinational stock-feeds firm Aller Aqua A/S. Aller Aqua is Europe’s #3 freshwater aquafeed producer. Aller Aqua in Zambia operates Sub-Saharan Africa’s largest and most technologically advanced aquafeed factory. The factory commenced production in September 2017 and serves Yalelo Limited as its cornerstone client. Aller Aqua Zambia is now seeking the services of Laboratory Technician to be based in Siavonga.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician – 1 Position
Reporting to: Laboratory Supervisor
Duty Stations: Siavonga
The position of Laboratory Technician is part of Aller Aqua Zambia. The Laboratory Technician is responsible for analysing feed samples in accordance with internal Standard Operating Procedures as well as determining their Nutrient content by means of wet chemistry analysis.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Analysis of physical characteristics of fish feed
- Analysis of nutritional characteristics of fish feed
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Collect, log, and evaluate data
- Communication of results to Supervisor and Manager
- Ensure proper documentation of results
- Maintain laboratory sanitary state
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics
- Diploma in Laboratory Technology, Chemistry, Food Science or related relevant fields
- Good knowledge of basic data processing software (like MS Office)
- Proper communication skills in verbal and written English
- Physical fitness
- Willingness to work night shifts
- Practical work experience in feed sector
- International work experience
- Driver’ license (A and/or B)
Mode of application
Interested candidates should write to the address below justifying how they qualify and enclosing updated curriculum vitae, copies of the relevant certificates, three references and daytime contact details and email address, by 4th July 2019. Aller Aqua Zambia is equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.
In order to apply for this role please forward your CV to email@example.com. Only those meeting the above requirements should apply.