Stressful events can impact your fish negatively, but can be hard to avoid. The best thing you can do is to ensure that your fish is in optimum condition to enable them to better cope. Stressful situations include grading, transport, decreased water quality, vaccination, temperature changes, and disease pressure.
To help combat the negative effects that stress can have on the fish, we have developed OCEAN VITAMAX: a feed with active ingredients to enhance the natural immune system and prepare the fish to cope with stressful situations. OCEAN VITAMAX is enriched with vitamin C, vitamin E, nucleotides, and glucans. The function of these active components and their mix and concentration can support both the innate and adaptive immune system, and thus help prevent or reduce the effects of stressed fish.
- Building material for DNA, mediating energy metabolism and cell signalling
- Trials indicate that dietary supplementation enhances resistance to infections and improves efficiency of vaccination.
- Long chain polysaccharides from yeast cell walls help activate the immune system to defend against invading pathogens.
- Mainly stored in the cell membrane where it acts as an antioxidant and protects the un saturated fatty acids in the cell membrane from free radicals. This protection prevents cell damage.
- Antioxidant functions contribute to improved function and protection of immune cells.
HOW TO USE OCEAN VITAMAX
We recommend using OCEAN VITAMAX two weeks before a predicted stressful period to help strengthen the immune system of the fish. Continuous use of OCEAN VITAMAX during and after the period is beneficial for maximum effect.